Fall Family Camp
at YMCA Camp Benson
Join us this Fall!
YCB is offering not just our typical one weekend of Family Camp this Fall, but a record 7 sessions. Our Family Camp sessions have been designed with your family's safety and peace of mind as our top priorities. Bring the whole family out for a chance to reconnect with each other and disconnect from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Spend 3 days exploring our 113-acre property in north-western Illinois and experience the beautiful fall weather while hiking through the woods, kayaking or tubing on the Wakarusa River, rock climbing in the river valley, practicing your shot at Archery, and more! Families will each have their own private cabin and bathhouse facilities as well as 5 activity periods of camp programs that you get to pick. Let our staff take care of the cleaning and entertainment and let your family reconnect and explore.
August 28th - 30th September 4th - 6th October 9th - 11th
September 18th - 20th October 16th - 18th
October 23rd - 25th
October 30th - November 1st
Registration is OPEN NOW for Fall Family Camp:
3 cabin bookings per session available
Y Member Pricing: $100 per person (minimum of 4 and maximum of 15 people per booking)
Non-Member Pricing: $125 per person (minimum of 4 and maximum of 15 people per booking)
Have questions or interested in weekday options this Fall? Give us a call at (815) 244-8722.
7:00 Welcome Campfire
9:30 Activity Period 1
11:00 Activity Period 2
1:00 Family Free Time
2:00 Activity Period 3
3:30 Activity Period 4
6:00 Family Free Time
7:00 Closing Campfire
9:30 Activity Period 5
We request that each family practice social distancing with all other members outside of their family while on YMCA Camp Benson Property. You are not required to wear your mask outside as long as social distancing requirements are able to be adhered to, if you are not able to maintain social distancing outside of your family we ask that you wear a mask.
- YMCA Camp Benson Staff will be wearing masks at all activities when social distancing isn’t an option.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all cabins and bathhouses.
- Staff will have hand sanitizer at each activity.
- All equipment will be cleaned and sanitized by YCB staff after each activity.
- The equipment check out table will have designated bins for equipment to be sanitized after each use.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of high traffic areas will be performed routinely by YMCA Camp Benson Staff.
- If at any time you have questions or concerns please ask to speak to Gwyn “Mama G” Bemis, all staff will be able to
contact her at all times.